- 1 can (10 oz.) ROTEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 cup beer or water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 lbs. skirt steak, excess fat trimmed
- 2 medium onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 10 eight-inch flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- dairy sour cream
- favorite Salsa
In a large Ziploc bag, combine the ROTEL, beer, lemon juice, oil, garlic and black pepper. Place meat in Ziploc bag, turning once to coat both sides. Place onions and peppers over meat, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
Meanwhile, in oil saute onions and bell peppers until peppers are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. Set aside when done.and taco sauce in the center of the tortilla. Roll to enclose. Makes 10 fajitas.
Grill meat to your liking. Allow to rest after cooking and slice meat into thin strips across the grain.