Here I will share with you a few blogging tips advice and Resources to get you into the world of blogging.
Have you ever wanted to start a blog and wasn’t sure how to get started? Well I’m here to say creating a blog is easy adding content is the hard part. Content is truly the key to a successful blog meaning overtime readers will flock to your site if you have good content, frequent updates and expand your social network. Here I will share with you a few blogging tips, advice and resources to help you along the way. Keep in mind blogging is truly an organic experience and this information is just a small window to what you will learn along your blog journey. With that said lets explore a few blogging tips, advice and resources.
- Find your niche and stick with it. Again know your readers because they will drop like flies if your blog went from cottage cozy design and family gardening to party life and the social scene latest fashion trend. It will be hard to stay on point at times but stay focused and remember your readers really don’t care about you stumping your toe on a chair last night and you blogging about how painful it was. They might be interested in finding out how you eased the pain of a stumped toe or how to fix the broken toenail you received. Get the picture?
- Create a domain name around that niche.
- Content, Content, Content is a key or the magic to your blog. You need to engage your readers, include them in you writings and solve a problem. Know your readers. Example have you ever received a magazine in the mail which had a beautiful cover and upon opening it – it was very much lacking in content but loaded with advertisements and those tear pad subscribe cards falling out? Were you a tad disappointed? Well your readers will be too if you lack in content. You can create a beautiful blog with all the bells and whistles but if it is lacking in content you might as well forget growth in your readership.
- Be real; Be yourself and write about your passions. If your passion is making awesome recipes or writing about your living room redesign, or ways to save money on vacations- write about those things. In other words write for your self and be happy with what you write about otherwise it will come through in your writing and you will be miserable.
- Start out small; get a feel for how much time you think you can put into it. After awhile you will gain an idea on where you want to take your blog.
- If your blog is going to be a source of income – think about whether you want your blog on a self hosted site or free site such as blogger.
- Read, Read, Read – you want to gain as much knowledge as you can about blogging. Sites such as Pinterest, and Google + has a vast amount of information on blogging.
- Create a Pinterest account using your real name. Same goes for Google +. Link all your social media accounts to your blog and start engaging with people. You want to build relationships.
- Join linky parties.
- Share other bloggers content; this will help build trust and I promise you will reap rewards too. Stay within your niche and network with those bloggers.
- Build your readership and build an email list.
- Sign up for an Adsense account and Monetize your blog. Of course this is optional.
- In closing your blog -always give your readers a call for action such as sign up for a free newsletter or to follow you on one or more of your social media sites. You want those return visitors.
- Be active with your blog. Don’t disappear for weeks at a time and expect your blog to have grown. Again, engage with your readers, stay in the forefront and current. Be consistent so that you develop trust among your readers.
- If your blog is something your passionate about and you are writing because you love to write and share just for the joy of it. If so, then this will come easy to you. However, if you are into blogging hoping to make fast money or become famous then this is not the venue for you. Blogging takes time. Like I said it is truly organic . Just like fads and fashion things change all the time. What was popular last month maybe old news now. But in the blogging world you and always refresh old ideas and make them new.
If you are persistent and patience and stay true to who you are – I can only expect great things to come for you. Give it time you will get there.
If you liked this post – Please follow me on twitter, facebook, or my favorite Pinterest! Thank you!
Please follow me o Pinterest too!