You can rush home create this masterpiece then pair it with a salad and enjoy the rest of your evening!
So lets get cooking…..
Preheat oven to 350F
- 7 Fresh plum tomatoes.Out of Season: use a 32oz can of whole tomatoes drained well
- 4 cloves garlic minced and lightly sauteed
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped into thin strips
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or a similar Italian bread
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese sliced approx. 1/2 thick
Place your tomatoes, 4 cloves of sauteed garlic, olive oil, vinegar, balsamic vinegar (optional) and basil into food processor and pulse until somewhat smooth but still slightly chunky. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator while you work on the bread.
Lay sliced baguette on a baking sheet and toast for 3-4 minutes. Place sliced mozzarella cheese on each slice of bread, then toast in the oven until the cheese melts. You want the bread to stay firm to act as a nice plate to hold your tomato mixture. A few seconds to melt the cheese should suffice. Remove the cheese bread from the oven and top each slice with about a tablespoon of tomato mixture and garnish with basil or thinly sliced Parmesan cheese. Place on a platter for serving.
~Best to enjoy while the bread is still hot~